Benefits of General Membership
- You are part of a growing, dynamic historical association whose mission is to educate its membership and the surrounding community about issues, personalities, and events surrounding the American Civil War (ACW) and, through membership dues and individual contributions, to help preserve ACW-related battlefields, structures, and artifacts.
- Pay low annual dues. Membership dues and donations to the RT are deductible from your federal and state personal income taxes (as are expenses incurred when performing services on behalf of the RT), as the TVCWRT is a registered non-profit educational organization.
- Attend eleven monthly presentations each year that cover the range of the American Civil War experiences, and the impact of those experience on us today. This not only includes Q&A with the speaker, but you can mingle with the speaker and other RT members before and after each presentation.
- Attend eleven opportunities each year (subject to continuing availability) to win a $50 gift certificate from Nick’s Ristorante.
- Attend eleven monthly “Little Round Table” members-only group discussions that delve deeply into selected ACW topics. (Our membership includes several published authors, current and retired professional military personnel, and academics in fields related to the ACW.)
- Participate in RT special events organized and presented during the year, either at no admission fee or at a reduced fee. Many of these are aimed at expanding social and cultural topics at other venues that can include, for example, teas, socials, musicals, and mansions, and most with opportunities to wear period clothes and uniforms.
- Receive monthly newsletters that provide a wealth of historical facts, book reviews, observations of Round Table members, information about the Round Table’s current and future activities, Civil War-related goings on within the Tennessee Valley, and more! Between newsletters, there are notices of imminent local activities such as educational opportunities at sites, memorial and artifact dedications, and historical strolls.
- Receive a TVCWRT membership card and identification tag, as well as the opportunity to purchase Round Table sponsored products, such as t-shirts, caps, other clothing articles and accessories, books, and mugs.
- Network with neighboring Civil War Round Tables and other area organizations that have similar interests.
Basic Membership Categories
- General Member – $30 annually for two adults, same household; membership benefits include receipt of announcements and monthly newsletters.
- Student Member – $0, full-time student, any age, through undergraduate college level; same status as General member.
- Associate Member – $0, must be a member in good standing of another Round Table, no special membership benefits.
Premium Membership Categories
“General” member benefits plus: name on Roll of Honor (newsletters, pre-meeting slides, website, and so designated on membership roster).
“Supporting” member benefits plus: a 50% discount on the basic fee for pay events, seminars, and field trips (lodging and food not included) for the year and “On behalf of” recognition on principal RT preservation contribution for the year.
“Sustaining” member benefits, plus: a full discount on the basic fee for pay events, seminars, and field trips (lodging and food not included) for the year, free copies of RT publications and books published that year, and recognized as an adjunct member of the Board for the year with voting privileges.
- Friend of the Round Table – Any amount annually
- Designated as a Friend of the Round Table on our membership roster.
- If requested, added to our mailing list for all announcements and for the monthly newsletter.